5 Things On Sunday | Organization
This week’s topic is…
5 Ways I Organize My Books!
This is a difficult week. Currently, I own two shelves. In a walk-in closet, there’s only TWO shelves. Go figure, right? Well, all of my books are currently on those two shelves. Ahhh! I need more shelves!
But here is how I organize my books:
- By height. Sometimes, I’ll start with hardcovers, then paperbacks, etc. I like seeing them all nice and neat.
- By series. I do collect a lot of series. All of my Kinsley Malone books are together. All of my Women’s Murder Club are together. But then what do I do with the standalone books by authors who write series?
- By authors. Right now, all of my authors are together. In this case, I sort them by author and size. But all of my Sarah Dessen are together, regardless of hardcover or paperback. My Ellen Hopkins is in one corner. James Patterson occupies the most space, right next to a stack of paperbacks where I don’t own more than one book by those authors.
- Alphabetical by title. I used to do this when I was younger and I had a few bookcases. I remember all of my Goosebumps would be separated because they didn’t all start with the same letter. This didn’t last long.
- Alphabetical by author. This is kind of the same as by authors, but the authors are more organized here.
- A mess! Yep, you read that right. Becuase I only have two shelves, my 300+ pile of books is a gigantic mess! It has a type of order, mostly by authors, but it is such a mess. I have two good size piles on my desk because I haven’t found room in the closet yet. Haha. Wish me luck! I sure need it.
**Next up on 5 Things on Sunday: Halloween Freebie! 5 scary movies, 5 best costumes, 5 anything!
Tell me. What are 5 ways you organize your books??
~~ As always, if you have any suggestions for the 5 Things posts, let me know!
- October 9, 2016
- 7 Comment