Hey y’all! I have found this on several blogs over the past week, so I figured I’d jump on the bandwagon and give you my bookish confessions.
I originally found it through Jess over at Princessica of Books. If you haven’t heard of her, please check her out. She is pretty rad, and always posts awesome bookish things!
Onto my confessions:
Just one thing though. You cannot kill me! Hahaha!
- I love romance books. Ok, not really a confession, as more of a general statement.
- I read wayyy more ebooks than I do print books.
- Chris got me started on ebooks, through the Kindle app on my phone.
- But when I do read print books, I use any type of bookmark I can (paper, recipt, tissue – clean, of course). Usually, just whatever is near me at the time.
- Or I try to memorize the page number. Often times, I fail.
- I buy too many books.
- I have never been to a book convention or festival. I have been to many book sales though. I really want to go to one.
- 50 Shade of Grey was the first erotica novel I read as an adult.
- That same book is also what got me to start using Goodreads. I’ve been in love ever since.
- And it is also the book that got me into reading again. I have loved reading for a super long time, but I go in and out of it. Prior to FSoG, I would read a book maybe once every couple months, if that.
- Since then, I have read numerous erotica novels. I actually like them.
- I love bookish lists. Top Ten Tuesday is one of my favorite memes, because I can see what other people have read, and add more books to my TBR.
- In 2012, I read 15 books (June – started FSoG). Last year, I read 62. See, Goodreads has been amazing for my reading life.
- I have never read or watched anything from the Divergent series.
- I read the first 2 Harry Potter books before I got bored. #SorryNotSorry.
- Some of my books have lived in 6 states and 7 cities. I’ve moved around a lot in my adult life. I myself, have lived in 7 states and 9 cities.
- I love checking my Goodreads Reading Challenge progress. To see if I’m on track, behind, or ahead. If it’s behind, I resolve to get on track by the end of the week, if it is possible. I adore being ahead. 😉
- One of my book collecting goals is to own every book by James Patterson. Yes, I know that is a lot of books. Once I have all the books in a series he has written, I will then (hopefully) binge read all of them! So far, it hasn’t happened because he keeps cranking books out like it’s nobody’s business… Haha.
- I absolutely cannot read more than one book at a time. It drives me a little insane sometimes, but unless I’m ready to DNF a book, I can’t start another one. *Unless it’s for school. There is always that exception.
- I love buying second hand books. Mostly for the cost. Books are expensive! 😛
- Sadly though, that means I don’t read the newest books, when they come out. Unless, I splurge, like buying an Ellen Hopkins novel. Or Sarah Dessen. Those I have to have immediately.
- Ever since Chris got me hooked on ebooks, my Amazon One-Click Addiction has gotten pretty bad. That’s why there is over 1500 books on my TBR list, most of which are ebooks. The good majority of them have been free. Ahh. It’s slowed down in the past couple months though.
- I’m terrible at reading super long books. Usually, if it is over 400 pages, I tend to skip it. Unless it’s a book I’m really looking forward to.
- When I’m out buying books, I always refer to the list on my phone (cataloged library – Libib app) to make sure I don’t already own it. That’s how many books I have.
- Technically, I only have roughly 320 print books. So I also check my Kindle app to see if I have the ebook.
- I love buying the first in a series. I’ll read it first to make sure I like the author. But. There are a few series where I have to have all the books before I even start the series. Looking at you Sue Grafton…
- As much as I love libraries, I hardly check out any books. My ARCs and my print books keep me really busy.
- I have only had to pay 3 library fines within my lifetime.
- A location of each library in a different city.
- San Diego Library, Louisville Library, and Las Vegas Library.
- A location of each library in a different city.
- I love participating in book tours.
- Once, I went to a book signing and met Ellen Hopkins when she visited San Francisco. It was the only book signing I’ve ever been to.
- I would love to meet Sarah Dessen in person. I feel like she would just be so sweet, kind, and amazing.
- On the Kindle app, I wish I could see how many pages there are in the book, before I start reading it. Like on the main screen.
- Also, I wish that Kindle did not have Locations. Only pages. That would be helpful too.
- When I was younger, we had to do book reviews at school. I was terrible at it, and I always dreaded it. I felt like there was no way I could tell the synopsis, without giving it away.
- One day, I would love to own my own bookstore. Or work in a Mom-and-Pop bookstore.
- I am terrible at recommending books. Like seriously. I could tell you I love the book and recommend it to you, all day long. But if you ask me for a book, because you like such and such, I draw blanks.
- I heard about Tampa on Comsopolitan, and I thought it would be so weird. I pre-ordered the book and picked it up the day it arrived at B&N. By Cosmo, it was labeled the most controversy book of the year (2013), and it was. If you click on the link, you’ll see what I mean. This book was so disturbing, but I could not tear myself away. The ending pissed me off to no end. And now, 2.5 years later? I’m still thinking about this damn book. It’s thought provoking. It’s gut-wrenching. It’s a glimpse into a female sexual predator.
- Almost 80% of the print books I own are unread… Ooops! Damn ebooks.
- I’m not a fan of dust jackets, but sitting on the shelf, they do look so pretty!
- I am a slow reader. Sometimes, I can finish a book in 2 days, but it has to be really, really good. And I can’t have anything planned for those days. It takes me about a week to finish a book. Sometimes, always sometimes.
- I need to read every single R.L. Stine book. I read most of them when I was younger, but I would love to read single book. In order.
- If I don’t write a review within a few hours of finishing a book, I won’t be able to write a good review. I’ll have to type a review into the notes section in my phone, if I’m not able to get on WP and write it.
- I am addicted to picking out cool looking covers. If I like the cover, then I will read the blurb / synopsis to see if it interests me.
- Sometimes I feel like I shouldn’t be a book blogger because I don’t read all the books my fellow bloggers do. However, I do know that tastes vary…
- Bad boys make me melt. But only in books. They end up redeeming themselves, and it makes it so worth it.
- I currently own 1 bookshelf. The rest of my books are sitting in my second walk-in closet, on the shelves. Ultimately, I want to build more shelves, so that it resembles bookshelves, in a mini home library. Instead of 3 long shelves.
- I have no idea how to organize my books. I either organize by size or by author. But then I keep adding books in, taking them out to put in other places. Or the slots I allowed for a certain author goes over, and I have to move the whole thing. Or I sort them by size, but then the authors / series are all jumbled. Or I organize by series and author. Then where do I put all the stand-alones? Grah. I can never figure it out.
- I love reading authors that aren’t heard of. I have no idea what to expect, so if I end up not liking the book, it’s ok. I don’t have to be mad. However, if it a name I recognize, and I don’t like the book, then I might get mad. Especially if it was a hyped book!
- I like taking bookish quizzes, like the ones on Buzzfeed. 95% of the time, I disagree with the result. But it’s still fun!
- As much as I love the rainbow books, I could never organize my books by color. Because everything would be completely crazy. The authors wouldn’t be near each other, series would be apart, paperbacks would be in between the hardbacks… It would be complete chaos.
Man. This was extremely hard to come up with 50. It took me quite some time to write this post….
Do we share any book confessions?
What are some of yours?
- January 30, 2016
- 8 Comment