Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
Mmmm. Yummy! This one is definitely a must make again recipe! Of course, I found it on Pinterest (which led to this). After my fail, I sure needed a win. Especially after failing dinner twice in one night! Man, that was a disaster. We ended up eating out that night.
Anyway, this is a crock pot recipe so it was super easy. Some of my favorite recipes are cooked in the crock pot. So this recipe cooked on low for about 4 1/2 hours. It could easily be cooked on high for 2 1/2 hours and would just as great! And of course, I did adjust some of the ingredients and I added seasoning to the chicken. However, still very yummy!
This all looks so delicious! The only thing not pictured is the milk.
1 bag (32 oz) frozen tater tots
1 pound chicken breasts (cut into pieces or cubed) — do not need to cook
1 pound bacon (cooked and ripped into pieces)
3 cups cheese
1 cup milk
1. Grease your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray or use liners.
2. Lay about half of the tater tots on the bottom.
3. Cover with 1/3 of the bacon. Cover bacon with 1 cup cheese.
4. Sprinkle all the chicken over the cheese. Season if wanted.
5. Cover the chicken with 1/3 of the bacon and 1 cup cheese.
6. Put the rest of the tater tots on top of the chicken.
7. Top with the rest of the bacon and cheese.
8. Pour the cup of milk over everything.
9. Put on low and cook 4-6 hours. Or on high for 2-4 hours.
Comes out tasting great! Let me know what you think!
- April 25, 2015
- 0 Comment