Cheesy Sausage and Potato Casserole
Finally got the courage to try this new recipe. I’ve had it bookmarked for months, and I keep forgetting about it. All these cheesy goodness, sure makes me wonder why it took me so long to make it!
I have adapted the recipe from the original, which you can find here. I only made two small changes and it was still very much delicious. Next time though, I am thinking about added some kind of vegetable, but I’m not sure which one… Hmm. Maybe try it, and let me know what you added?
6 small potatoes (roughly 1 pound). Peeled, cooked, and cut into cubes
2 pounds smoked sausage (I used Hillshire Farm). Cut into moon shaped pieces and cooked.
4 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 Pound Velveeta Cheese
1 cup shredded cheese (I used the Mexican Blend)
1. Peel the potatoes and boil for 10 minutes. Cut them into cubes once they have cooled.
2. Cut the smoked sausage into moon shaped pieces, and cook until golden brown.
3. In a medium saucepan, add in the rest of the ingredients except for the shredded cheese.
4. Stir on medium heat, until everything melts. This takes about 15 minutes, depending on the kind of stove you have.
5. Grease a 9×13 pan and preheat oven to 350* F.
6. In a large bowl, mix the potatoes and sausage. Pour cheesy mixture over, and stir until everything is combined. (I just used the pot I cooked the potatoes in.)
7. Pour the bowl into the pan and spread out.
8. Finally, spread the 1 cup cheese over the potatoes and sausage.
9. Cook for 35-45 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly on top and golden in color.
- June 23, 2015
- 0 Comment