Chicken Bacon Ranch Alfredo
Hi there! Before I begin, there are three things you should know about me; however, one is irrelevant to this post. I absolutely LOVE bacon, cheese, and peanut butter. That being said, I have discovered a chicken Alfredo recipe that is nothing short of amazing, and even my boyfriend loves it.
There are so many things you can change in this recipe to make it your own, just as I have. Because of my love for bacon and cheese, I added way more than the original recipe called for. You may add less, and it will taste just as good. I have tweaked this so many times that I have finally found the perfect way to make it.
Ok, so bear with me, this picture is not the greatest. I’ll admit, I forgot to take a picture when it came out of the oven and looked amazing. I’m new at this; I promise I will post better pics as I go along.
Anyways, back to the bacon. It does require a little prep beforehand, but it only cooks in the oven for 15 minutes. So if you prepped it earlier in the day and cooked it at night, it would be just as good!
8 oz Rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed into pieces
1 pound bacon, cooked and ripped into pieces
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk (2% works best, but I have used whole milk, and heavy cream — separately)
1/2 cup Ranch (I used Hidden Valley)
1 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp seasoned salt (I use Lawry’s)
2 cups cheese (I use Mexican Blend)
1. Cook the pasta according to package. Set aside.
2. Cook the chicken, cube it or cut it into strips. Set aside.
3. Cook the bacon, rip it into pieces. Set aside. — If it takes you longer to cook the bacon, I recommend this step first.
4. In a large bowl, mix the pasta, chicken, and bacon. Add 1 cup of the cheese. Mix again.
5. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Once melted, add in flour, stir with a whisk to create a roux. Add the milk, stir on medium heat until it thickens to your liking. Take off heat and add in the Ranch, garlic salt, and seasoned salt.
6. Pour Alfredo sauce over pasta, chicken, bacon, and cheese.
7. Grease an 8×8 pan, and pour everything in. Top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
8. Bake at 350* F for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly on top.
Let me know your thoughts, what works for you and what doesn’t, or what you’d change.
Hope you enjoy!
*** Extra note: if you use a bigger pan, increase your pasta and your chicken, and add a little more milk into the roux. Everything else should be the same.
- April 13, 2015
- 3 Comment