Good morning guys! My love for caramel and chocolate is almost greater than my love for chocolate and peanut butter. This amazing cookie bar has all three of those things. The caramel is just enough to not overpower the chocolate or the peanut butter. I think I’m in love. <3 This reminds me of Carmelitas by Averie Cooks. One of the many foodie blogs I follow. I’ve made those before and they taste very similar to these ones. Be sure to check those out too!
They smelled sooooo good as they were baking. Now, I did make a few adjustments from the original recipe. I ended up not using the whole entire caramel mixture. I only used about 3/4 of it. I also added about 1/2 cup more of flour because I found that the cookie dough was a little too sticky.
11 oz bag of caramels
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
4 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 sticks butter (12 tablespoons)
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used creamy)
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup oats
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350* F.
2. Grease a 9×13 pan and line with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper just in case.
3. Unwrap the caramels into a medium sauce pan. Add the butter and sweetened condensed milk. Cook on medium-low heat until completely smooth.
4. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar together.
5. Add in peanut butter. Mix again. Add in eggs and vanilla. Mix until creamy.
6. Add in all dry ingredients. Mix until dough forms. Then add in chocolate chips. Mix again until crumbly.
7. Spread about 2/3 of the dough evenly into the pan.
8. Pour the caramel mixture on top of the cookie dough.
9. Take the remaining 1/3 cookie dough and put it across the top. (I took a spoonful, flattened it on in my hand, and then put on top).
10. Bake for 30 minutes. Wait until completely cool to cut.
*Adapted from Mom On Time Out.
- April 26, 2015
- 2 Comment