Creamy Crock-Pot Mac and Cheese
It’s been a while since I have made a crock-pot recipe! Hope you guys enjoy it as much as my family did. It was definitely an amazing recipe, considering that it was my first time ever making mac and cheese in the crock pot.
Doesn’t it look delicious?
I did add a little more cheese than the original recipe called for. Which you can find here. I also added sausage, but it is completely changeable. You can add anything to it. It’s mac and cheese!
16 oz elbow macaroni
1/4 cup butter
3 cups shredded cheese (I used Mexican Blend)
1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cheddar soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
Dash of salt
2 lbs smoked sausage (uncooked)
1. Cook elbow macaroni until al dante. Do not over cook! Drain and rinse.
2. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and cheese. (It’s ok if it just looks a little funny)
3. Spray crock pot generously. You can’t over spray it. You don’t want the cheese to stick.
4. Mix soup, sour cream, milk, and cheese mixture. Then add in the elbow macaroni.
5. Cut the sausage into small pieces, then add into crock pot.
6. Cook on low for 2-3 hours. 2 1/2 hours worked perfectly for me. Stir occasionally.
Enjoy on its own or with a side of veggies!
So dang delicious! Even my four year old said so!
- November 8, 2015
- 4 Comment