Words cannot describe how this smelled while it was cooking! It’s like lemon wrapped in white chocolate, wrapped in a cookie cake. Or cake cookie. Soooo yummy!
Upon researching this recipe, I found that it is so versatile. Peanut butter added to the cake mix, then jam/jelly instead of condensed milk. Chocolate cake mix instead of white or yellow. Strawberry cake mix. I mean, the possibilities are endless! I might have to bake these again around Christmas and use Peppermint. Wouldn’t that be so good!? If you try it before me, let me know! 😀
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 (1.75 oz) package of sprinkles
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350* F. Foil and grease a 8×8 pan. Make sure to grease the foil extra good because the condensed milk is sticky!
2. Mix the yellow cake mix, butter, egg, and lemon extract. It should become like cookie dough. Add in 3/4 of the sprinkles and mix again.
3. Take 1/2 to 2/3 of the dough and spread along bottom of pan.
4. Sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the dough, and top with the sweetened condensed milk. Next, top off with the remaining sprinkles.
5. Pull apart the remaining dough and flatten across the pan. It’s ok if there are areas where it was no dough. Don’t worry about it.
6. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. (Mine took 33 minutes).
7. Set aside and let completely cool before you cut it. (It reminds me of caramel. If you cut it while it’s too warm, you end up with a huge mess).
Enjoy with a glass of milk. Soooo delicious!!!
You can find the original recipe here at Crazy For Crust.
- November 22, 2015
- 7 Comment