October Wrap Up (2017)
Hi guys. Welcome back! What a busy month for us. I feel like we hardly got anything done in October. It’s been super busy with the mundane things: errands, work, appointments, grocery shopping, etc.. We didn’t read nearly as much as we wanted to this month. Let’s take a look at the October Wrap Up.
There was a week in October that was super horrible for us. There was a mass shooting the first day of the month. It hit Las Vegas extremely hard. We both took it pretty hard. I mean, who wouldn’t? But definitely not the point. Haha. It was rough and impacted everything in town. It was a devasting act of horrible violence. We are still suffering as a city, and we lost many lives in this act. We’re still praying every day for the victims and their families.
In a more positive note, Chris and I got a new car! It’s a Blue Pearl color and absolutely gorgeous! Jeep Grand Cherokee. If you would have asked me a few months ago if I would be driving an SUV, I would have laughed and said no. But here I am, driving an SUV. It’s actually not too bad; definitely not as bad as I thought.
Overall, we’ve had a decent month. It definitely hasn’t been the greatest. Here’s to hoping November is so much better!
(click on the titles/links to go to our reviews)
- Playing Heart to Get by Kara Liane — ugh. I cannot get into this. I’m at 15% so far, and it’s taken me over a month to get there.
- Bait by Jade West
- In Pieces by Danielle Pearl
- The Lost Boy by Ker Dukey — not released yet. Will be on November TBR.
- Easton by K Webster
- Black Hat Hacker by Soraya Naomi (Quirky Blind Date)
- Worth The Read:
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen — I am DNF’ing this. I’ve tried numerous times. I just can’t.
- Tiffany’s Pick:
- Lies She Told by Cate Holahan — I requested this one from the library, so I’m waiting my turn!
Other Books Read:
- With Love by Liz Lovelock
- Broken Branches by M Jonathan Lee
- Getting Amy by Tasha S Heart (beta read)
- Paying the Debt by Madison Faye
- Holiday Wishes by Jill Shalvis — review to come soon
- Second Best by Noelle Adams — review to come soon
So I must admit, I did an absolutely horrible job at sticking to my TBR this month. I figured this would happen! I didn’t even read a book until Oct 8th. Man, I was so behind! Then I read a few books and called in a day. I’m participating in Read-a-thin for November. Tons of fun challenges! I’m excited! Be on the lookout for my TBR soon.
- Pretty Broken Dolls by Ker Dukey & K Webster
- The Muse by Arjay Lewis
- Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
We read 8 books and we reviewed 6 books.
We DNF’d 1 books.
Other Books Reviewed:
Chasing Christmas Eve by Jill Shalvis
The winner of the gift card is Courtney from Incessant Bookworm. Yay!!! Please send us an email with your Amazon email and we’ll get the gift card sent on over to you! Thanks for participating!
How was your month of October?
Let us know!
- October 31, 2017
- 0 Comment