Peanut Butter Cookies
Good morning! Yesterday, I tried a new Peanut Butter Cookie recipe, you can find the original post here, which says they are the best. I am always looking for ways to improve my peanut butter cookie recipe. Although this one was good, I wouldn’t say it was the best. Still very good as far as peanut butter goes, and I would use the amount this recipe calls for in my almost perfected recipe. At the very end, what Mel does is flatten the cookies after baking them, instead of before, like most recipes. I agree with this part. I found that it actually makes the cookies more even.
First I mixed in the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
Then add peanut butter. Mix again, then add eggs and vanilla.
Add in all the dry ingredients. Mix again until smooth.
Press down on tops with a cup once baked. Do not over bake!
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter (two sticks), softened to room temperature
2 cups peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350* F.
2. Mix brown sugar, sugar, and butter until creamy.
3. Add in peanut butter and mix until smooth.
4. Add in vanilla and eggs. Mix until smooth.
5. Add dry ingredients until incorporated.
6. Scoop out 1-2 in balls of dough and put on a cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 350* F for 8 minutes. (Original says 10-11, but I found at 10 mins, the bottoms were burning.)
DO NOT OVER BAKE.
8. Once they come out of the oven, take a flat bottomed glass and press gently into the top of the cookie. The goal is to lightly flatten them into thick cookies. If you press too hard, they will completely flatten.
9. Leave on the tray to cool completely. Or move to a wire rack until completely cool.
Hope you guys enjoy this version of Peanut Butter Cookies!
— Images were taken by Tiffany Alisa.
- April 17, 2015
- 3 Comment