Hello everyone! Oh man, I am super excited for this read-a-thon! Is anyone else participating? In case you don’t know what this readathon is all about, check out Jessica’s (JessicaMarie493) announcement video on BookTube! I found out about Read-a-thin through Jessica, but all the credit has to go to the creator, Amanda. Check out her video too! Also, the third host, Chelsea. I’m so looking forward to working with these wonderful ladies! This post will serve as my Read-a-thin TBR, and any progress I make!
So far, what I can make out from the rules is that a book can apply more than one challenge, but no more than two. It’s a super laid back readathon with fun sprinkled in! Does anyone want to join me?
Annnnnd. I’ll be running reading sprints on Tuesdays on the Read-a-thin Twitter! If you want to join in, feel free to do so! Even if you’re not participating in Read-a-thin. We could all use a little extra time to squeeze in some reading.
–Side Note! This post will also serve as my November TBR post since Read-a-thin is going all month long. All books listed are relative and will probably change! Only because of the readathon. My goal is to make at least 10 challenges complete. Also. Any challenges I won’t be completing will be crossed out.
(1) Read a 2017 Release / (2) Read a diverse book / (3) Read a book that is related to your favorite emoji
(4) Read a book with a fall themed cover / (5) Start and finish a series / (6) Read a book in 24 hours
(7) Read a new to you author /
(8) Buddy read a book / (9) Read a horror/thriller
(10) Read a book outside of your favorite genre / (11) Read an ebook /
(12) Listen to an audiobook of a book you own
(13) Read a book that counts toward another readathon / (14) Read a book that is due back to the library the soonest
(15) Read a book you ended up putting down previously /
(16) Read a book you got from a subscription box
(17) Read a book you got for free (gift, ARC, giveaway, etc) / (18) Read 4 books (at least 8 challenges)
I am hoping to complete at least 10 challenges, with one book per challenge. That may change, but it’ll be fun either way! READ-A-THIN has unofficially started early! I have already completed two challenges! Yay, go me!!!
My *tentative* TBR:
- Rose De Muerte by Natalie Bennett — (4) Read a book with a fall themed cover
- Pernicious Red by Natalie Bennett — (17) Read a book you got for free (gift, ARC, giveaway, etc)
- The Day She Cried by K Webster — (1) Read a 2017 Release
- Lawn Boys by K Webster — (11) Read an ebook
- The Weight of Water by Sarah Crossan — (3) Read a book that is related to your favorite emoji
- Warrior Forever by Amber Bardan — (10) Read a book outside of your favorite genre
- Lies She Told by Cate Holahan
- Yes Boss, Yes Sir, Yes Master by Kenzie Haven (series – 3 books) — (5) Start and finish a series
- Sweet Temptations by LM Mountford — (13) Read a book that counts toward another readathon
- The Roommate ‘dis’ Agreement by Leddy Harper — (7) Read a new to you author
- Drowning Above Water by Alyssa Herron
- Forever Yours by Liz Lovelock — (6) Read a book in 24 hours
(18) Read 4 books (at least 8 challenges)
I have no idea if all of these books will fit the challenges, but I do know a good majority of them will. I won’t be matching books to challenges until the books are read. I’ll be updating this post as I complete the books. This is going to be so fun! I’m super excited!
Once a book is completed, I will put the challenge next to it in bold.
Also, this month I will be participating in Minimoji (Emojiathon) Readathon. It’s towards the end of November, so my TBR and challenges for that will go up later.
What are you planning on reading this month? Let me know!
- November 1, 2017
- 4 Comment