Sisterhood of the World Bloggers
Thank you, T.K. Lawrence @ Read it or Not Reviews for nominating me!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and add a link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate ten other bloggers.
- Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nomination.
1. Based on writing style, characters, and plot, what is your all-time favorite novel?
My all-time favorite book is Kissed By An Angel by Elizabeth Chandler. It’s a semi-paranormal teen romance novel with a whole lot of mystery tied into it. The reason I say semi-paranormal is because someone dies and comes back as an angel to talk to one of the main characters. No, that’s not a spoiler 😉 It’s three books in one volume and is over 700 pages. I’ve read it quite a few times.
2. What is your least favorite film adaption?
You know, I’m actually not sure. I have not seen too many that I did not like.
3. Who are your favorite protagonists?
Well, I just finished reading Are You Still There and I have to say that Gabi is now one of my favorites. She handled everything so well and is extremely relate-able. There’s so many, it’s hard to choose.
4. Of the following characters, who is your favorite heroine? Katniss Everdeen, Tris Prior, Hermione Granger, Celaena Sardothien, Isabelle Lightwood, Katsa, or Helene Aquilla?
Hmm… Considering I haven’t heard of half of these, I’m going to have to go with Hermione Granger. Cuz she’s a bookworm. Not sure about the others though.
5. Have you ever read a book where you hoped the POV character would die? If so, which character is that?
Uh, none that I can recall.
6. What do you do to console yourself after reading a disappointing book ending?
Scream. Haha, just kidding. Well, I did get mad and throw Tampa by Alissa Nutting onto the couch because it made me so mad. Ooooh, Gone Girl was another one where I screamed. Mostly, I just vent. Ask my boyfriend. I will go off on a tangent for like 20 minutes about the ending of a book. I do it for TV shows too. Dexter anyone? That one killed me.
7. What are your ideal reading conditions?
A kid free zone! Seriously. Away from being a college student, my number one distraction is my cute kiddo running around. Do take note, it said ideal, not realistic. Lol!
8. Favorite novella?
Hmm… This one, I’m not too sure on either. I haven’t read too many of those lately. Or even that I can recall.
9. Unique bookworm habit or hobby?
If I start a series, I have to own all the books in my collection. I can’t get them from the library, or on my Kindle. I have to physically have the copy. Who knows if that’s unique but it is definitely a habit of mine.
10. What makes you love or hate a character?
To love a character, I have to be able to relate to them on some level. They definitely need to be realistic and complex. No real person is truly simple. If I hate a character, it could just be me. I read a while ago, where the book was really good (plot wise and everything), but the character was shallow and mean. She only did one good thing throughout the whole book and that act did nothing to redeem herself. Some people love to love the mean characters but it turns me off. Gone Girl is on my mind now because I mentioned it in another question. It makes me think of Amy and she was terrible! So was Celeste from Tampa. Ugh!
My nominees (in no particular order):
Charlie @ Girl of 1000 Wonders.
Lizzy @ Lizzyreadsbooks.
Jenaca @ Jenacidebybibliophile.
Josie @ Josiethebookworm.
Rebecca @ Books and Messy Buns.
Analee @ Book Snacks.
Erika @ Erika in Bookventureland.
Emily @ The Diary of a Bibilophile.
Claire @ Art and Soul.
- What made you start a book blog?
- What’s your favorite color and why?
- The longest book you’ve read?
- How do you choose what book to read next?
- What is your favorite genre and why?
- What is your least favorite genre and why?
- The huge debate: Which do you like more; ebooks or physical?
- What is one book you absolutely did not like?
- What makes you give a book a low rating for reviews?
- Who is your favorite author?
Hope you guys enjoy my questions. I can’t wait to read your answers! Also, if you have done this or don’t feel like doing it / don’t have time, that’s ok. I’ll still like you.
Day 7 / September 20
Books: When We Were
Percentage/Pages Read: 83 pages from Wrong Number, Right Guy 5% from When We Were
Total Books Read: 2
Total Pages Read: 553
Titles of Finished Books: Are You Still There. Wrong Number Right Guy.
- September 21, 2015
- 3 Comment