Smoked Sausage Pasta
This week, I am bringing you a Smoked Sausage Pasta recipe. It is super good. Everyone in my family loved it! Smoked sausage is like a staple in our house. We eat it in pasta, with breakfast, for lunch in mac and cheese.
I adapted it hugely from a different recipe, basically only taking the idea, and I made it my own. So yummy!
2 lbs smoked sausage (I used Hillshire Farms)
1 lb penne pasta
1 cup Alfredo sauce (I have a to-die-for homemade recipe here) — or use store bought.
2 cups Traditional pasta sauce
2 cups shredded cheese (I used Mexican Blend)
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Boil pasta according to directions on box.
- Cut the sausage into quarter pieces. Cook in a pan, until done. About 10-15 minutes.
- Make the Alfredo sauce. Or don’t. 😀
- Drain the pasta, rinse, and put back into pan.
- Drain the sausage.
- Add sausage to noodles, and then pour Alfredo sauce and pasta sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Grease a 9×13 pan, and pour delicious dinner into pan.
- Top with 2 cups cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Also — if you don’t want to cook it in the over, use a big pan to cook the sausage. Once it’s cooked, add in Alfredo and pasta sauce. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Then pour into the pasta. Top with cheese.
You can find the original here. The first time I made it, we didn’t have any of the the other ingredients, so I had to improvise and make it my own.
- March 12, 2016
- 8 Comment