The Reader Problems Tag
Hey bookworms! Here’s another tag from the WP Reader!
1) You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Usually, just whatever I’m in the mood for. Or, I will scan my Kindle and just pick a book based purely on the cover. When you have over 800 books on your Kindle, it is kind of hard to recall what every single one is about.
2) You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or commit?
It depends on who the author is. If it is a new author and I’m just not having it, sometimes I will quit. If it’s an old author, I will power through it. Just to say I’ve read every book by that author.
3) The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, yet so far away on your Goodreads Reading Challenge. Do you quit or commit?
Definitely commit. Full steam ahead! I think, honestly, that I could read so many more books than I do, if I put my mind to it.
4) The covers of a series you love DO. NOT. MATCH. How do you cope?
I just do? I mean, there’s nothing I can do about it. However, if a re-print happens to become real, then I will snag the new cover.
5) Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Myself. Hahaha. Actually, most of my friends aren’t crazy into reading. Sad, I know. However, my mom just gave me her favorite book a little while back, so I am going to get started on that one soon, and who knows? Maybe I’ll like it, maybe I won’t. We’ll see.
6) You’re reading a book and you’re about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Put the book away, in a hurry! Nah, I usually just cry. I’ve had people look at me funny, but I don’t mind.
7) A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find the synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?
Omg. ALL OF THE ABOVE! I will re-read the book before I start the sequel. I will skip the sequel because I don’t have time to re-read the first book. I will find the synopsis on Goodreads. I will cry in frustration. Most of all, I will probably wait to read the book until I can read the first one. This is why I have so many series on my shelves, unread.
8) You do not want ANYONE borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Funny story… Most people don’t ask. I had one person that did, and she let sticky stuff get on the cover, bent the cover, and I’m just like no. No. No. No. Did I mention she used to be my roommate?
9) You’ve picked up and put down five books in the past month. How do you get over your slump?
Grah! This actually happens more often than not! I have so many books on my Kindle that say 3-20%… To get over my slump, I will pick up a novella by some random author. When I’m looking at the free Kindle books, I tend to stay away from anything under 100 pages. Just my personal preference. However, the very few ones I do click on (under 100 pages), help me when I am in a reading slump.
10) There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
It usually just depends on how much money I have. Like, with Saint Anything, I had to wait until I had enough money in Amazon gift cards. Same thing with Love Lies Beneath.
11) After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf until you actually read them?
Ha! This is a loaded question! For years! Definitely not joking here. I have books on my shelves that I have had for years and I haven’t read. My original goal was to read through all of those, but then my boyfriend had to show me that I could read books electronically using the Kindle app on my phone. From there, I was a goner. Seriously.
I tag anyone who could like to complete this, if you haven’t already!
- August 4, 2015
- 2 Comment