Good morning everyone! Last night, I actually broke out a magazine and made a recipe from it. I have only made this yummy two-meat lasagna once, but it was a huge hit with my boyfriend. Best of Taste of Home magazine is super awesome, and this issue is from 2011. Four years ago! I mainly bought it because I saw a scrumptious Ice Cream Sandwich Cake inside. Many other recipes have spoken to me since then. Technically this recipe is actually called Six-Cheese Lasagna, but neither my boyfriend nor I are fans of cottage cheese or ricotta cheese. So I have definitely made this one my own because I changed so much to fit our tastes. If you want the original recipe, let me know in the comments and I’ll post it. 🙂
1 pound ground beef
1 pound bulk Italian Sausage (I used Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage)
1 jar (approx. 26 oz) meatless spaghetti sauce (I normally use 24 oz and it turns out just fine)
9 no-cook lasagna noodles
3 cups any cheese you want (I used shredded Colby Jack)
1. In a large skillet, cook the beef until no longer pink.
2. In a large skillet, cook the Italian Sausage.
(You can use the same pan for both if you’d like)
3. Drain both. Do not rinse.
4. Put the beef and sausage into a large bowl. Add in the spaghetti sauce. Add any extra seasonings if you wish.
5. Grease a 13×9 in pan. Scoop about 1 cup of the sauce mixture into the bottom.
6. Top with 4 noodles and one on the side if the noodles don’t reach the edge of the pan.
7. Scoop the rest of the mixture onto the noodles. Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Layer the rest of the noodles. Top with the rest of the cheese.
8. Cover and bake at 350* F for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting.
Bon appetit! Let me know if you have any questions or comments. Again, if you would like to see the original recipe, be sure to comment below. Thanks!
- April 20, 2015
- 1 Comment